WAiS is in Newman!
Come and meet two WAiS friends from across the world, Shelley Nessman (from Canada) and Sheldon Schwitek (from the USA)
The Art of Gift Recognition – Everyone has intrinsic gifts, skills and capacities however they are not always recognised by people themselves or by others. This workshop is designed to support people to begin to explore what their gifts might be and to start planning for a life that recognises and supports the expression of these gifts. Questions asked include:
- what are the contributions you want to make?
- what are the gifts you came here to express?
Supporting people to express their gifts is the heart of the work! When we are focused on how a person expresses their gifts, everyone’s lives are more vibrant!
Introduction to a Culture of Gentleness – Everyone needs to feel safe and valued! In this workshop you will develop an understanding of:
- what is a Culture of Gentleness and what can undermine this
- how positive supports can lead to relationships that are both compassionate and encouraging
- how to develop supportive relationships that reduce challenges and allow healing and growth
- what strategies lead others to feel safer and more valued,
- how a person’s trauma history can influence their behaviour,
- how to plan proactively to reduce stress and challenges, and
- the value of supporting everyone involved in a person’s life.
This workshop is for both people who receive or provide support.