Individualised Services are about people living good lives that include the things that matter to all of us, such as:
Individualised Services are led and designed by the person and their allies, so the person’s culture, choice and values are shown in those services.
Principles of Individualised Services
Individualised Services are about living a good life that includes things that matter to all of us, such as:
- having good relationships
- feeling like you belong
- contributing to your home
- being part of a community
- being treated with respect
- being valued.
Individualised Services are led and designed by:
- the people who care about you and support you.
The services you get match your:
Some important ideas
There are some important ideas behind Individualised Services.
- Your services support you to live your life the way you choose.
- You are at the centre of planning your
You get support from people who know you well and care about you.
- Your services reflect your:
- living arrangements and lifestyle
- preferences – what you want
- dreams and goals.
- Your services reflect a normal life where you do ordinary things that other
- Your services help you grow in areas
- speaking up for yourself or having people speak up for you
- being independent
- being in control of your own life
- developing your skills
- roles you have at home and in the community.
- You, and the people closest to you, direct your services.
- Your services match the supports you get from:
- community groups
- advocates – people who speak up for people with disability.
- Your services are flexible – they can change when your life changes.
Individualised Services make sure people aren’t grouped together because:
- they have a similar disability
- that’s the way things work
- it’s easier to run the service
- it makes the service cheaper to run.